Visit sunny Malaga by rental car. Malaga is the second largest city of Andalusia and the ideal starting point to explore this beautiful region in the south of Spain. Walk the boulevard along the coastline or see all the sights in the old center of the city. At the seaside you will find many restaurants where you can enjoy a dish of freshly caught fish and many sidewalk cafes to sit and relax in the sun.
Endless possibilities with a rental car in Malaga
Malaga boasts a great climate year round. Winters are mild and in summer it never gets too hot, so there is no need to turn on the air conditioning or the heating in your rental car. Visit all the highlights of Malaga, like the Roman theater, Gibralfaro castle and the cathedral. Enjoy a stay at one of the palm beaches of Malaga and then get into your rental car to discover more of Spain. From centrally located Malaga you can easily reach the fields and valleys of Andalusia by car. Along the way you will see the typical, white villages that made this region famous. About one hour by car from Malaga you will find some of the other bigger cities of Andalusia. There are countless possibilities for day trips by rental car from Malaga.
- Discover more of Spain
- Spacious and comfortable rental car
Frequently asked questions about car rental in Malaga
Are you ready to leave for Malaga? If you have any questions about driving a rental car in Malaga, about parking facilities or traffic rules, you may find the answer here. Is your question not answered? Then do not hesitate contact us.
1. Are there any special traffic rules in Malaga?
It is important to know that the historic center of Malaga is a pedestrian zone. The maximum speed on the highway is 120 km per hour (75 miles).
2. Where can I park my rental car in Malaga?
The historic center of the city is a pedestrian zone and has no parking facilities. Just outside of this zone you will find many underground, guarded parking garages. From there you can easily reach the center by foot. Outside of the city there is free parking at the Plaza Mayor shopping mall. This is especially convenient as a parking facility during big events in Malaga.
3. What is a one way?
A one way booking means that you can pick up your rental car in Malaga and return it in another Spanish city. Contact us for rental rates of a one way in Spain.
4. Wat are the conditions for car rental in Malaga?
Download the as a PDF file and read through the exact conditions of the contract.
Options for car rental in Malaga
Adjust your rental car the way you wish. At a small surcharge you can rent these extras to make your rental car vacation perfect.
- Baby-seat: so your baby can be transported safely
- Children’s seat: mandatory in Spain for children up to 12 years and less than 1.50m
- Booster seat: so your child sits a little higher and can look out the window
- NoRisk Warranty: travel around knowing everything’s taken care of!
- Redeem cancellation fee: if you choose this option, you will receive a full refund if you wish to cancel the booking up to 24 hours before the rental period commences. This way you can always profit from the early bird deals so make your booking now
Car rental locations and map of Malaga
If you wish, you can pick up your rental car directly upon arrival at the Aeropuerto de Malaga-Costa del Sol. We also have other rental car locations close to most of the hotels in the city. Another option is to pick up your car at the train station in Malaga.